Welcome to the Arthur Medical Centre Website
Through this website we hope to improve our services to all our patients and enable you to find what you need at the click of a mouse. You can order repeat prescriptions online, register as a new patient, cancel existing appointments, change your name and address and much more.
We are always looking to improve our services so please feel free to write to us or speak to the Practice Manager, contact can also be made via the "Contact Details" page of this website. If you would like to provide feedback via our Patient Participation Group (PPG) then please write to the PPG c/o Arthur Medical Centre.
Practice update - 07.01.2021
Arthur Medical Centre is committed to the successful delivery of the Covid-19 vaccination programme. This work is vital to the country’s efforts to counter the pandemic and save lives. The Government and the NHS have given priority status to this work and GP surgeries have been asked to suspend non-essential services, to enable them to support this national effort.
The Government has also announced that the UK Covid alert level has been raised to level 5. This means that NHS services are subject to significant, potentially overwhelming demand and that all non-essential work should be stopped to allow General Practice to cope with the demand of the vaccination programme.
Queries regarding routine, non-essential services may be referred to a centrally managed service, or you may be asked to wait until normal services are resumed.
This Practice is open, however a restricted service is currently provided to allow us to focus on priority work and to allow us to support the mass vaccination of our community.
Please find below details of updates or changes to services:
GP Telephone appointments and contact attempts
- We have a policy for telephone appointments, where GPs will make a maximum of two attempts to contact patients for scheduled telephone appointments. If the GP is not able to reach you within two attempts, your appointment will be cancelled and you will need to book another appointment.
- All routine contraception will now be referred to Your Sexual Health Matters (Derbyshire & Derby Sexual Health Services).
- Requests for emergency contraception will be referred to pharmacy
- Patients who have an acute or urgent problem relating to contraception, such as bleeding, can still be seen by a GP
- All ring pessary services will be stopped.
- Patients who have an acute problem with a ring pessary, such as pain or bleeding, can still speak to a clinician
Minor Surgery/Joint Injections
- All minor surgery and Joint Injection services are stopped
- All ear syringing is currently stopped however you can access this at local pharmacies
Joint and muscle problems /Physio
- Most patient queries or appointments will be signposted or referred to a Physio dept directly by Reception. – Physio can be contacted 01335 230079
Some patients who are in need of assessment will be referred to First Contact Physio.
What you can do to help
Please help us by being considerate with your requests - and your expectations - when communicating with our reception and clinical staff. Please consider how urgent or significant your query or request is before contacting the surgery. We want to reassure you that patient care is our absolute priority. You should still contact us if you have an urgent or pressing need and we will still do our best to help you when you need our services. However, many non-urgent matters or queries may be able to wait until this critical period is over, or may be best referred to another solution such as a centrally managed service or a community pharmacy.
(Site updated 17/06/2021)